Wingspan (with Swift-Start Pack)
Please note: The Swift-Start Promo Pack includes first-round walkthrough guides and specific new bird cards to use with them. For those who already own Wingspan, the swift-start guides are still helpful for teaching new players, and the 10 new cards can be shuffled into the bird deck.
- Language: English
- Designer: Elizabeth Hargrave
- Artist: Ana Maria Martinez Jaramillo, Natalia Rojas, Beth Sobel
- Year Published: 2019
- Number of Players: 1-5 players
- Playing Time: 40-70 minutes
- Age: 10+
- Board Game Geek
Wingspan is a competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game from Stonemaier Games.
You are bird enthusiasts—researchers, bird watchers, ornithologists, and collectors—seeking to discover and attract the best birds to your aviary. Each bird extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your habitats (actions). These habitats focus on several key aspects of growth:
- Gain food tokens via custom dice in a birdfeeder dice tower
- Lay eggs using egg miniatures in a variety of colors
- Draw from hundreds of unique bird cards and play them
The winner is the player with the most points after 4 rounds.
If you enjoy Terraforming Mars and Gizmos, we think this game will take flight at your table. The official announcement and pre-orders will be available on January 2, 2019.