Fireball Island: The Curse of Vul-Kar
- Language: English
- Designer: Rob Daviau, JR Honeycutt, Justin D. Jacobson, Chuck Kennedy, Bruce Lund
- Artist: Noah Adelman,Víctor Pérez Corbella,George Doutsiopoulos,David Kegg
- Year Published: 2018
- Number of Players: 2 - 4 players
- Playing Time: 30 - 45 minutes
- Recommended Ages: 7+
- Categories: Action / Dexterity, Adventure, Travel
- Mechanics: Action / Movement Programming, Action Point Allowance System, Area Movement, Deck / Pool Building, Pick-up and Deliver, Press Your Luck, Set Collection, Take That
- Board Game Geek
Welcome to Fireball Island! You may have heard stories. You may have visited when you were younger. Perhaps you even saw a fireball engulf a fellow traveler in a hellscape of horror that makes you afraid to close your eyes at night. Whatever the case, welcome back! Turns out that Vul-Kar didn't like having his gem stolen way back when, so there has been some volcanic upheaval, an explosion in our snake population, feral tigers, new types of trees bent on ending human life, and swarms of bees everywhere. But don't worry — we have top people working on it.
Start your day of adventure at the helipad. Be sure to sign the waiver, which legally obligates you to take snapshots across the island. You'll race down the many paths, avoiding hazards all the while. On the plus side, you get to keep all the treasure you find.
Fireball Island: The Curse of Vul-Kar is a restoration of the classic 1986 game Fireball Island that features a unique 3D island and a host of marble mayhem. This new version boasts an island that is even bigger than the original (and yet fits in a smaller box) and more marbles. It is a family-weight game for 2-4 players (5 with an expansion) that plays in 30-45 minutes. Simple card play replaces the random roll-and-move of the original, and the set collection for the treasures offers some interesting choices for players.
Remember, you don't have to outrun the fireball — just the other players.